Friday, February 22, 2008

Day 4: Well Wishers

Remember when you work all week, or go to school, how awesome the weekend is? Oddly enough, this phenomenon does not exist when you sit on the couch all day with your foot in the air. Everyday could be Saturday, or Tuesday for that matter. I'm not going to lie, passing the time is making me restless, frustrated, agitated and down. Thinking about the time I will be rehabbing totally freaks me out and also seems like forever away. I made it a long time without a major injury, considering all the things I've done. Unfortunately, I take that as no consolation.

The last couple of days have been made much more exciting by having a few visitors. Friday afternoon I had a group of 4 folks from work stop by to say hello and hang out for a while. I did my best to feed them some of the food I have stockpiled in my nest in the basement, but other than that I am a pretty crappy host right now. Not long after they left a group of climbing buddies stopped by and brought me about 10 climbing videos to watch. It was definitely a nice change of pace and a great gesture that is very much appreciated of all who stopped. Thanks again for the visitation.

Today I got two gifts from people. Brad, Steph and Kaysen sent me a care package filled with lots of sugar and a battery operated poker game that should help pass some time. The robin egg whoppers in the package are one of my favorite Easter candies. It's good I am getting a head start on the candy because my Easter egg hunting skills are probably going to be a step slow this year.

Not long after I got the box pried open from the postman and the doorbell rang. So what to my wondrous eyes should appear, but an edible bouquet of fruit, from Trent and Renee. This fruit bouquet was not a basket but actual fresh cut fruit into a bouquet of flowers etc. The fruit not only tastes great, but it's all absolutely perfect texture, ripeness and flavor. Pretty impressive for the middle of winter. Trent was likely very busy cutting up all that fruit......watch those fingers Super T. I have a feeling this gift won't be around too long. Highlights were certainly the giant strawberries and the chocolate dipped green apple slices, which were amazing. I also got a few cards from folks this week as well. I may be in the basement, but I am not forgotten!

No comments: